There’s almost nothing better in the world than a properly prepared beef. This is why we recommend our recipe for a crispy orange beef which we find delicious.
– 1 1/2
pounds of beef top sirloin, thinly sliced,
– 1/3 cup of white sugar,
– 1/3 cup of rice wine vinegar,
– 2 tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate,
– 1 teaspoon of salt,
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce,
– 1 cup of long grain rice,
– 2 cups of water,
– 1/4 cup of cornstarch,
– 2 teaspoons of orange zest,
– 3 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger,
– 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic,
– 8 broccoli florets, lightly steamed or blanched,
– 2 cups of oil for frying.
from laying beef strips out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with
paper towels. Let it dry in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Proceed to mixing
together in a small bowl the sugar, rice vinegar, orange juice concentrate,
salt and soy sauce. Put it aside.
2. Then, combine rice and water in a medium saucepan. Wait until it starts to boil and then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Add more water at the end if necessary.
3. Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Toss dried beef in cornstarch to coat. Then, move on to frying in the hot oil in small batches until it becomes crispy and golden brown; set aside. Drain all of the oil from the wok except about 1 tablespoon.
4. Add orange zest, ginger and garlic to the remaining oil, and cook briefly until fragrant. Add the soy sauce mixture to the wok, bring to a boil, and cook until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Add beef, and heat through, stirring to coat. Serve immediately over steamed rice, and garnish with broccoli.