Chicken is always a great option for your dinner. It works with a lot of flavors and that’s why we find the orange chicken stir fry to be a great option when feeling like trying something new.
– 1 cup of orange
– 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest,
– 1/4 cup of soy sauce,
– 1 teaspoon of salt,
– 3 cloves of garlic, chopped,
– 1 tablespoon of brown sugar,
– 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
– 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes,
– 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour,
– 1 cup of bean sprouts (optional),
– 1 (6 ounce) package of crispy chow mein noodles.
After you’ve collected all the required ingredients, here you can find how to proceed with the preparation of the orange chicken stir fry:
1. So, the
whole recipe is quite simple. Start from combining in a rather small bowl the the
orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, salt, garlic and brown sugar. Don’t
forget to mix everything well.
2. Next, proceed to heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. When oil begins to bubble, add chicken. Saute until cooked through (no longer pink inside), about 7 to 10 minutes.
3. The third step involves adding orange sauce mixture to chicken and cooking it until sauce begins to bubble. After that, add flour, a little bit at a time, until sauce has thickened to your liking. Add bean sprouts and cook for 1 minute; serve hot over chow mein noodles.