A popular fruit and so many myths or facts we didn’t realize. Let’s get to know something more about this delicious fruit.
– Orange was an ancient symbol of innocence and fertility. In some regions considered equal to Golden Apple.
– Ripe fruit can stay on the tree as long as 3 months tasting all the time delicious. They don’t fell of the tree.
– 12% of the pulp is sugar
– Oranges contain more vitamin C during winter than summer
– Freshly squeezed orange juice should be drunk immediately – it is enough to store the juice for 6-8 months in the fridge to decrease the content of vitamins and valuable enzymes
– About 50mln tones of oranges is harvested yearly nowadays
– The three biggest orange producers In the word are Brasil, China and European Union – Brasil produces almost 40% of all oranges
– Every year in Italy they organize an orange battle –hundreds of people get hurt but that don’t discourage tourists who visit Italy especially to take part in the battle.
It is not easy to arrange the interior using orange nicely but it definitely is possible. You just need to pay more attention to details as orange will not forgive a mistake.
When choosing to paint the wall with orange have in mind that it might be overwhelming if the tone is too intensive or the ratio of orange to other colors to high. A color of the walls will surround you every day. It might seem energetic at first but try not to make it too energetic otherwise you may get tired with the color shortly.
How to choose the right tone? That really is tricky. A small stripe of color that you can see in the sample-card looks dramatically different than when you chose to cover the whole wall with it. In the interior it is becoming extremely intensive even if a sample seemed a bit too pale.
Which interiors should it fit? It is a warm color which likes plenty of sunlight. Orange likes large surfaces as it makes the impression that the room is smaller and the walls seem to get closer together.
It might be a surprise for many but cinnamon like wall will combine nicely with pinkish pale rose, pink grapefruit or smashed berry. A brick orange will look nicely next to cold blue or steel grey. An intensive tone will find a fit in turquoise but this combination will only do in space where you don’t spend too much time. If you would like to invite orange to your living room, choose the calm, pale orange and surround it with pale green.
Only few of us realizes that colors surrounding us influences strongly our health, emotions and behavior. Chromotherapy is an important part of traditional Chinese medicine.
There are many clinics around the world where power of colors is used to enhance treatment of digestive and respiratory systems diseases, neuralgia, migraine, spine and kidney disorders, neurosis and psychiatric depression.
The colors we choose to surround us reflects our personality, emotions and mental conditions. We rarely realize that our choice of colors may give us indication of our health.
So how orange influences us?
It stimulates the heart and lungs. It is beneficial during kidney disorders like kidney stones. It also helps the body to keep calcium at the optimum level. Orange helps also our hair, nails, bones and teeth to grow healthy. It is the most energetic of the colors. It helps to feel stronger, healthier. Brings joy, vitality and optimism back. It activates the mind and creativity. It also gives confidence, optimism and courage.
Brownie with oranges.
– 200g butter
– 3 cups of sugar
– 2 cups of flour
– 0,5 cup milk
– 4 eggs
– 4 spoons of cocoa
– 1 spoon of vanilla extract
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 2 oranges
– 1 spoon of butter
- Take a large saucepan and put there butter, sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla extract. Heat it mixing from time to time until it boils.
- Take it off the fire. Take out about 100ml of the mixture to use it as icing. Wait until the mixture will cool down.
- Add flour mixed with baking powder to the cold mixture and grind it with wooden spoon.
- The mass will be very dense. Add one egg yolk at a time and continue grinding.
- Beat up the egg whites and mix gently half of it with the cocoa mass.
- As the mass is becoming less dense add the remaining whites and mix gently.
- Put the mass in a long baking dish and bake it at 180 degrees for about 35-45 minutes.
- Prepare the orange peel: blanch the oranges and peel them removing white layer from the peel. Cut the peel into small pieces and fry with spoon of butter, juice from half of orange and 4 spoons of sugar.
- When baked and cooled, cover the brownie with icing you left and powder with the orange peel.
Aromatic duck in oranges
– Duck about 2kg
– 2 spoons of butter
– 4 oranges
– 2 spoons of honey
– 2 cloves
– 50ml of sweet white wine
– White pepper
- Clean, rinse and dry the duck.
- Scrub the duck with salt and pepper from both outside and inside. Leave it for 2 hours.
- Scrub one of the oranges carefully and cut it along into halves.
- Peel one of the halves, remove the white layer from the peel and cut it into stripes. Boil the peel for 5 minutes and drain it.
- Squeeze the juice from the peeled half.
- Slice the other half of the orange.
- Peel the remaining oranges and cut into pieces. Mix with honey, crushed cloves and wine. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Put the duck on the hot butter in the frying pen.
- Fill the duck with mix of oranges and honey. Sew the duck with toothpicks.
- Put the duck in a pan. Pour it with orange juice and place in the oven heated to 180 celsius degrees. Bake it for about 2 hours. Pour the duck with the sauce created in the pan a few times when in the oven.
- 15 minutes before the end of baking place the orange slices on the duck and cover it with the peel.
Did you know which part of orange tree is the one orange oil is extracted from? Definitely orange peel. There are different orange species that differs in terms of the intensity of the scent.
Orange, as any other citrus, brightens the skin and makes it more tense which is important in acne healing. Orange oil is quickly absorbed leaving the skin radiant and smooth. It also helps to fight with cellulite, detoxifies your organism and support your digestive system. Orange oil helps to relax and to release muscles so a massage with the oil is a dream of your arms or back after an effort.
A good company for orange scent is any other citrus, but should you wish to get truly intriguing fragrance, try to add some cinnamon, cloves, ginger or black pepper. Orange scent is energizing and stimulating.
Orange scent is very pleasant for us but it repels mosquitos and flies so either try to place grated orange peel around the grill place or rub the skin with it. There are probably many more properties of orange oil- it is worth searching for them.
What to add to oranges to get a delicious cocktail? There are as many answers as people you could ask for opinion. Squeezing only oranges is enough to get something delicious.
Should it help your diet more, dilute it with mineral water. Any other citrus is a very good companion for orange. Other fruit – sure, but pay attention to the combination. Fruit is mostly reach in sugar. If the cocktail should be a dessert for you than other fruit is a good choice. Should drinking cocktails help you to lose weight then stick to vegetables and herbs. Carrot, beetroot, celery, spinach or curly kale – choose any – it’s going to be delicious when combined with sweet oranges.
You could also try adding oatmeal or linseed – you probably heard they are great for your body but not everybody like that taste. Putting those to a cocktail is one of the best way to do something good for your body not forcing yourself to eat one more spoonful. Orange flavor will make it not only healthy but also delicious.
From now one you don’t need to make choices – healthy or tasty – just try orange cocktails with any other components. There are endless gorgeous combinations!
A lot of beta-carotene, vitamin C and water this makes oranges help our health. Water? Yes, indeed. Water helps to get toxins out of our body. Most people know that vitamin C helps to prevent harmful oxygen particles’ action.
It is enough to eat one orange a day to give your body the dose of vitamin C it needs.
Is that anything else in oranges, except for the taste, of course? Oh yes! It helps your skin, your heart and blood pressure thanks for the content of B vitamins. Oranges also help your metabolism thanks to dietary fiber.
So which part of orange you can eat? Honestly – EVERYTHING! Ok, maybe seeds is something to get rid of.
Eat the pulp, drink its juice, use its peel. First thought is always to eat it raw or squeeze the juice –a kind of healthy snack/drink. But think twice – a piece of meat in orange flavor – yummy! Now a second thought – with herbs as dip for snacks or pieces of chicken – sure! As a part of desert, together with meat or in a salad – it does fit! Plenty of taste and wealth of vitamins – perfect cocktail! Bon appetite!
Orange tree can reach 5 meters of height when growing in natural conditions. Having it at home you should still take into account height of 1,5meters. Orange tree grows fast and starts to bloom in the second year.
At the same time you can expect to see first fruit. These are not the oranges you can buy in at the grocery – they are much smaller and more sour.
Have you ever been in a room with blooming orange tree? No? Regret it. The scent of the flowers is admirable. I don’t know whether the eyes or nose appreciates blooming orange tree more.
Orange tree loves bright and sunny place. Garden is the very best place for the plant during summer, but will not survive winter outside in most places in the world as it needs 10-15 ºC. The tree grows really fast so remember to change the pot every single year. Remember then nature not only waters the soil but also the plant itself. Orange tree will appreciate sprinkling leaves from time to time but pay attention to do it during cloudy weather or after sunset. Direct sunlight may burn leaves when wet. Too lazy for sprinkling? Fair enough – getting the pot outside when it’s raining will do the job.
Orange tree needs a bit more attention than many other pot plants but still it gives you the feel of hot climate, like in Spain or Brazil.
Today it will be short and sweet – everyone loves energizing orange juice. Our orange juice is made up of oranges, ginger and lime. I love it for the ease of preparation. Oranges are rich in potassium and full of vitamin C. Besides, oranges lower cholesterol.
-6 small oranges
-5 centimetre piece of fresh ginger
1. Wash the oranges and the lime. Cut the ginger.
2.Add oranges, ginger and lime into a bowl.
3.Blend everything, until smooth.
5.Pour the juice into a glass.