- 2 Kg of pork ham
- 3 Onions
- 2 garlic heads
- 1 orange
- 4 anise stars
- 2 l of ginger beer
- 3 spoons of honey
- 2 spoons of French mustard
- 2 spoons of cloves
- 2 spoons of salt
- Cut one onion into pieces, mix with grounded orange peel, anise and salt. Place the mixture with the ham in a pan.
- Add beer, but leave 100ml aside.
- Add some water until the ham is completely covered.
- Boil for two hours if the ham weights two kilograms – basically an hour per kilogram of meat.
- Cool the ham. If it has outer fat layer then cut the fat to get grate pattern.
- Mix honey with the beer left, add mustard and crushed cloves.
- Cover ham with the mixture and place in baking dish.
- Cut the remaining onions, garlic and orange and use them to cover the meat.
- Bake the ham in 200 degrees without cover for about 40 minutes, until it gets brown.
- Served with baked potatoes.