Brownie with oranges.
– 200g butter
– 3 cups of sugar
– 2 cups of flour
– 0,5 cup milk
– 4 eggs
– 4 spoons of cocoa
– 1 spoon of vanilla extract
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 2 oranges
– 1 spoon of butter
- Take a large saucepan and put there butter, sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla extract. Heat it mixing from time to time until it boils.
- Take it off the fire. Take out about 100ml of the mixture to use it as icing. Wait until the mixture will cool down.
- Add flour mixed with baking powder to the cold mixture and grind it with wooden spoon.
- The mass will be very dense. Add one egg yolk at a time and continue grinding.
- Beat up the egg whites and mix gently half of it with the cocoa mass.
- As the mass is becoming less dense add the remaining whites and mix gently.
- Put the mass in a long baking dish and bake it at 180 degrees for about 35-45 minutes.
- Prepare the orange peel: blanch the oranges and peel them removing white layer from the peel. Cut the peel into small pieces and fry with spoon of butter, juice from half of orange and 4 spoons of sugar.
- When baked and cooled, cover the brownie with icing you left and powder with the orange peel.