- Flour 500g
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Oil 4 spoons
- Warm water 300ml
- Bread crumbs
- Apples 2kg
- Sugar 250g
- Cinnamon 2 teaspoons
- Raisins 150g
- Walnuts 100g
- Oranges 2 pieces
- Butter 50g
- Vanilla sugar 2 teaspoons
- Put flour, salt and ¾ of water to the mixer bowl.
- Mix with medium speed and if the dough is too hard add a little more water.
- Add oil and knead until the dough is smooth and does not stick to the mixer bowl.
- Cover the dough with foil and leave for 30 minutes to rest.
- In the meantime peel the apples and cut into small pieces.
- Put 50g butter in deep frying pan and add apples when butter gets hot. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, sugar, vanilla sugar, juice from one orange and grated orange peel from both oranges.
- Fry until there is only a little liquid left but don’t overcook the apples. Leave until gets cool.
- Heat the oven till 180 degrees.
- Put the dough on a flat surface covered with flour and spread until flat and about 0,5cm thin.
- Sprinkle the dough with melted butter and bread crumbs.
- If the filling is cool put it on the dough and then roll the dough so that the filling is closed inside.
- Brush the outside of the strudel with the whipped egg. Bake for about 40 minutes.