Components for cheese layer:
- 1kg of ground cheese
- 3 tablespoons of potato flour
- 350g of sweet condensed milk
- 3 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons of orange liqueur or orange juice
- Peel of 1 orange
- Vanilla sugar
- 200g or white chocolate
- 300g of dense cream 12% or 18%
Put cheese and potato flour into a bowl and mix briefly. Add condensed milk, egg yolk, liqueur or juice, peel and vanilla and mix briefly, only to combine ingredients. Melt white chocolate and add it to cheese mixture. Put it over the bottom in the baking mold and put in the oven for another 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees.
Take it out of the oven and cover with dense cream. Put back into the oven and bake for another 13 degrees. Take the cake out of the oven and wait until it is completely cold. Unfasten rim and put it into the fridge for about 12h.
Components for bottom:
- 2 egg yolk
- 50g or icing sugar
- 60g of ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon of gingerbread spice
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coca
- 50g of dark chocolate, chopped
Heat the oven to 180 degrees. You will need a round baking mold of about 24cm diameter. Place the baking paper on the botton and fasten rim to hold the paper in place. Cover the rim with butter.
Mix the egg yolk to obtain stiff foam. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix for another 2-3 minutes. Mix it gently with ground almonds, the spice, cinnamon, coca and chocolate. Put it in the baking mold and smoothen the surface. Bake for about 13-15 minutes. Then remove from the oven and wait until gets cool. Leave the oven on.
4 spoonfuls of butter
½ teaspoon of sugar
4 tablespoons of oil
A pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Wash the meat and cut into fine fillets about 1,5cm thick. Slightly flatten them with hand and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You need to pour boiling water over the oranges and wash them thoroughly. Peel the oranges in such a way not to cut the white layer under the skin. Cut the skin into very thin strips. Squeeze the juice out of two oranges. The other two peel and cut into nice pieces.
Heat olive oil and a tablespoon of butter on a frying pan and fry the fillets over high temperature. Pour the juice to second pan, cook for a while, add sugar, salt and pepper, orange peel and fry for 2-3 over high temperature. After this time add three tablespoons of butter to the sauce mixing all the time. The meat should be ready by now. Put those on plates, pour with sauce and decorate with pieces of oranges. Serve with potatoes or wild rice.
Let’s try to put oranges over the flame. In Spain they call it “naranjas al horno”. There are only several ingredients:
- 4 large oranges
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Cointreau liqueur
- 1 flat spoon of butter
Halve the oranges and remove any pits. Melt the butter by holding the spoon over the fire and sprinkle the oranges with it and next with sugar. Put all the oranges in the heat resistant dish with the cut side facing up. Put the dish in the oven heated to 180 degrees for about 15 minutes. Serve hot, sprinkled with liqueur.
Did you like oranges served hot? Good – I have another recipe for you!
- 2 oranges
- 100g cherries without pips
- 100g berries
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of rum
- 4 squares of aluminum foil
- 4 small cubes of sugar
Wash the oranges and sprinkle with boiling water. Cut oranges into halves. Take out pulp being carefull not to damage skins as we need them as bowls. Cut pulp into small pieces, add remaining fruit and sprinkle it with rum and sugar. Fill the bowls with fruit and wrap it tightly in aluminum foil. Put those into hot oven for 10 minutes. Take them out, put on the plates and at the very top place alcohol-diced sugar cube which we then put into flames. Don’t forget to turn off the light when serving!
It is summer, day is long. How do you spend your Saturday evenings? On a party? What do you drink then? Drinks with…oranges.
What to combine orange with? The easiest answer would be – vodka! To be more original add vodka and a little cranberry juice. To get refreshing drink mix orange juice with Cointeau and gin. Mixing orange juice with blue curacao liquor will give you a nice orange taste and beautiful green color.
Another nice mix is the juice, gin and Malibu. You can also try a combination of gold tequila, orange juice, cranberry juice and a little lemon juice. Want to get something surprising? Let’s try to combine the juice with Malibu, vodka and Bailey’s liquor. Another idea is to mix vodka with tequila and orange juice. To get a nice visual effect add a little grenadine syrup.
Hope to have given you some inspiration. You can try with different proportions to find the one that suits you most. Adding fresh fruit would also be interesting.
A popular fruit and so many myths or facts we didn’t realize. Let’s get to know something more about this delicious fruit.
– Orange was an ancient symbol of innocence and fertility. In some regions considered equal to Golden Apple.
– Ripe fruit can stay on the tree as long as 3 months tasting all the time delicious. They don’t fell of the tree.
– 12% of the pulp is sugar
– Oranges contain more vitamin C during winter than summer
– Freshly squeezed orange juice should be drunk immediately – it is enough to store the juice for 6-8 months in the fridge to decrease the content of vitamins and valuable enzymes
– About 50mln tones of oranges is harvested yearly nowadays
– The three biggest orange producers In the word are Brasil, China and European Union – Brasil produces almost 40% of all oranges
– Every year in Italy they organize an orange battle –hundreds of people get hurt but that don’t discourage tourists who visit Italy especially to take part in the battle.
It is not easy to arrange the interior using orange nicely but it definitely is possible. You just need to pay more attention to details as orange will not forgive a mistake.
When choosing to paint the wall with orange have in mind that it might be overwhelming if the tone is too intensive or the ratio of orange to other colors to high. A color of the walls will surround you every day. It might seem energetic at first but try not to make it too energetic otherwise you may get tired with the color shortly.
How to choose the right tone? That really is tricky. A small stripe of color that you can see in the sample-card looks dramatically different than when you chose to cover the whole wall with it. In the interior it is becoming extremely intensive even if a sample seemed a bit too pale.
Which interiors should it fit? It is a warm color which likes plenty of sunlight. Orange likes large surfaces as it makes the impression that the room is smaller and the walls seem to get closer together.
It might be a surprise for many but cinnamon like wall will combine nicely with pinkish pale rose, pink grapefruit or smashed berry. A brick orange will look nicely next to cold blue or steel grey. An intensive tone will find a fit in turquoise but this combination will only do in space where you don’t spend too much time. If you would like to invite orange to your living room, choose the calm, pale orange and surround it with pale green.
Only few of us realizes that colors surrounding us influences strongly our health, emotions and behavior. Chromotherapy is an important part of traditional Chinese medicine.
There are many clinics around the world where power of colors is used to enhance treatment of digestive and respiratory systems diseases, neuralgia, migraine, spine and kidney disorders, neurosis and psychiatric depression.
The colors we choose to surround us reflects our personality, emotions and mental conditions. We rarely realize that our choice of colors may give us indication of our health.
So how orange influences us?
It stimulates the heart and lungs. It is beneficial during kidney disorders like kidney stones. It also helps the body to keep calcium at the optimum level. Orange helps also our hair, nails, bones and teeth to grow healthy. It is the most energetic of the colors. It helps to feel stronger, healthier. Brings joy, vitality and optimism back. It activates the mind and creativity. It also gives confidence, optimism and courage.
Brownie with oranges.
– 200g butter
– 3 cups of sugar
– 2 cups of flour
– 0,5 cup milk
– 4 eggs
– 4 spoons of cocoa
– 1 spoon of vanilla extract
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 2 oranges
– 1 spoon of butter
- Take a large saucepan and put there butter, sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla extract. Heat it mixing from time to time until it boils.
- Take it off the fire. Take out about 100ml of the mixture to use it as icing. Wait until the mixture will cool down.
- Add flour mixed with baking powder to the cold mixture and grind it with wooden spoon.
- The mass will be very dense. Add one egg yolk at a time and continue grinding.
- Beat up the egg whites and mix gently half of it with the cocoa mass.
- As the mass is becoming less dense add the remaining whites and mix gently.
- Put the mass in a long baking dish and bake it at 180 degrees for about 35-45 minutes.
- Prepare the orange peel: blanch the oranges and peel them removing white layer from the peel. Cut the peel into small pieces and fry with spoon of butter, juice from half of orange and 4 spoons of sugar.
- When baked and cooled, cover the brownie with icing you left and powder with the orange peel.
Aromatic duck in oranges
– Duck about 2kg
– 2 spoons of butter
– 4 oranges
– 2 spoons of honey
– 2 cloves
– 50ml of sweet white wine
– White pepper
- Clean, rinse and dry the duck.
- Scrub the duck with salt and pepper from both outside and inside. Leave it for 2 hours.
- Scrub one of the oranges carefully and cut it along into halves.
- Peel one of the halves, remove the white layer from the peel and cut it into stripes. Boil the peel for 5 minutes and drain it.
- Squeeze the juice from the peeled half.
- Slice the other half of the orange.
- Peel the remaining oranges and cut into pieces. Mix with honey, crushed cloves and wine. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Put the duck on the hot butter in the frying pen.
- Fill the duck with mix of oranges and honey. Sew the duck with toothpicks.
- Put the duck in a pan. Pour it with orange juice and place in the oven heated to 180 celsius degrees. Bake it for about 2 hours. Pour the duck with the sauce created in the pan a few times when in the oven.
- 15 minutes before the end of baking place the orange slices on the duck and cover it with the peel.